what is up

*not* a continuation of a previous blog, but a rebirth of some sort, i guess. unlike my other very public friendster blog, i'm hoping that this will be one that is read by few on their own volition rather than read by many on friendster's incessant prompting. that being said, on this page you will come across thoughtful posts, straight-up feelings, manifestos on education reform, thoughts on social change, and generally - the craziness that *is* my world.....enjoy : )

1.11.2007

the lady at queensboro plaza

the battle begins when you set foot out your door in nyc! pedestrians and mta commuters turn into monstrous beings, and see their co-travelers as arch rivals (when really they just have pent up angst against all the general societal evils - the system, the bureaucracy, their bosses, their families, their friends, and so on)...

i stepped aside for two people to come in my direction, unnaturally bringing myself to a complete stop *just* for them to pass by. their body language indicated that they wouldn't stop for me, so i let them go. then there was a bit of a lull in traffic, so i continued towards the last compartment of the imminent 7 train towards manhattan.

then this lady (now i know why ppl use words like uncivilized or uncouth) comes and stands in front of me, while my body language clearly indicates that i'm heading in the direction of where she's standing. i'm thinking, geez lady, get a clue - read some body language. she must have been thinking, get the f out of my way. because before i could even see it coming she's pushing me to a side by trying to walk _through_ me. for reals. i've already blocked parts of the incident of my mind because i can't remember what exactly she said - maybe something like, 'okay, already!' i, of course, having a severe case of the asian-mute syndrome didn't say anything until after the fact. i didn't even really say anything that harsh - just 'jesus christ' and continued on towards my destination.

do note that this is the second time that i've had a violent running-into at this particular station. one time, an mta maintenance person ran a trash-on-wheels into my thigh. now, that was really f'in painful (unlike this woman who basically bounced off of me since we were both in our poofy winter gear.)

hmmmm. perhaps i should move back to chicago's western burbs where there's so much space that it'd be challenging _to_ run into other people.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger